Which studies are eligible?
Abstract Submission Instructions:
A properly submitted abstract will include the following elements:
Please note that only digital material will be accepted for oral presentations. It can be submitted online prior to ECR 2019 or transferred from the speaker's USB memory stick to a central server onsite at least 3 hours prior to the session. Computers connected to data projectors are provided in each lecture room for the speaker to retrieve the saved data.
Detailed notifications of acceptance and guidelines for presentation will be be available by December 2018.
Presenters of accepted abstracts (no first or second authors) who are ESR members in good standing by August 31, 2018, can attend ECR 2019 for a reduced fee of €300. This offer will only be available if registration is finalised by December 13, 2018.
Presenters of accepted abstracts without ESR 2018 membership and authors of rejected abstracts can attend ECR 2019 for the "early fees". This offer will only be available from the point of notification until December 13, 2018. Please note that there will be no refund for fees already paid.
1. Titles should all be lower case except for acronyms, proper names the first letter and after colons. Do not use a full stop at the end of the title. Please spell out any Greek or scientific characters (e.g. beta) or use the Omega button (Ω) in the Editor and click on the character you want to insert. Keep titles as long as necessary but as short as possible. Company and trade names, special symbols or characters are not allowed in the title.
2. Select the appropriate subspecialty (topic). This selection determines how your abstract is reviewed.
3. Select the appropriate keywords from the four equally weighted keywords-columns (Area of interest, Technique, Procedure, Special focus), containing each a variety of radiology relevant terms. 1 term for each of all 4 columns is required.
4. Add authors to your abstracts. To avoid duplicate entries you have to search before you are allowed to create a new person entry. Within the author block you may change the roles "Author" and "Presenter". One presenter must be selected. Only people that contributed to the work should be listed – gift or ghost authorship is strongly discouraged. Note that the system requires contact information (incl. email address) for each author.
5. It is the policy of the European Congress of Radiology to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigour in the congress programme. Knowledge of possible relationships with sponsors of any kind is mandatory in order to reinforce the educational and scientific message and to relieve any suspicion of a bias. Therefore, the presenting author is asked to submit a Conflict of Interest disclosure on behalf of all authors.
6. Enter the abstract text (max. 250 words) by typing or copying and pasting plain text from a prepared document. Keep strictly to the given structure (see below). Images are not allowed.
Purpose: a one-sentence statement about why you conducted this clinical trial
Ethics committee approval: information about the review board approval and written informed consent
Methods and materials: sufficient information about the study methods and statement whether it was a randomised or non-randomised study and at how many sites the trial was conducted
Results: description of the most important results regarding the primary outcomes
Limitations: a one-sentence statement about the most important limitations
Conclusion: clinical implications that arise from the study results
Funding for this study: information about the funding source or statement that there was no funding from industry and/or a funding agency
7. Complete the affirmations by clicking on the appropriate boxes.
8. When the abstract submission process is complete, a summary page is displayed and may be printed for your own record. This page includes the abstract control number and full details of your submission. Please review this summary carefully to ensure that it is correct. If it is not, please edit accordingly.
9. Once you press the "Submit" button, your abstract will be submitted, and you will not be able to edit it again.
Please make sure that your abstract is properly structured and comprehensively checked for English spelling and grammar. Following all instructions will improve the quality of your submission and thus influence its scores in a positive way. If you wish to edit or withdraw your abstract after submission, please email@example.com.
General information can be obtained through the ESR Office:
Am Gestade 1, 1010 Vienna, Austria