The European Radiology Private Foundation has initiated this Teaching Fellowship to honour Prof. Nicholas Gourtsoyiannis for his vision, untiring commitment and pivotal role in furthering education in radiology in Europe and abroad and to recognise his leadership within the European Congress of Radiology (ECR), the European Association of Radiology (EAR) and the European Society of Radiology (ESR).
His hard work and his vision as founder and Scientific/Educational Director (2006 - 2018) built the European School of Radiology (ESOR) to become one of the main providers of radiological education worldwide.
This Teaching Fellowship will be awarded annually starting in 2018. It is aimed at radiologists with clinical and academic experience who wish to enhance their teaching and training skills by delivering lectures and/or undertaking interactive workshops in a foreign environment.
The selected fellow will visit two different hosting institutions, where he/she will deliver lectures/workshops. The selected fellow will be awarded € 4,500 to cover expenses.
• This fellowship is aimed at board-certified radiologists, holding a consultant post or an academic position, who have completed three to ten years of clinical/academic practice at the time of application.
• Applicants must be members of the European Society of Radiology, in good standing.
Applications are now being accepted for the 2018 Teaching Fellowship.
Applicants must provide:
- A completed Application Form
- Confirmation letters from chosen training centres
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
The deadline for applications is September 15, 2018.