- Create a free account in Zoom.
You will require access to your email in order to complete the sign-up process.
If you already have a Zoom account, please log in with your existing credentials.
- Click on “Host a Meeting” > “With Video On” and follow the steps to start the meeting. You may see a pop-up box on your screen asking if you want to open Zoom. Click “agree” to confirm.
Note: you do not need to have any other person in the meeting to record your presentation.
- Go to epos.myESR.org and search for your poster.
- Open your poster and use the right-hand area titled 'Poster Sections' to navigate through your poster, clicking on sections and images to present them.
- In the Zoom meeting window – click on the button “Share Screen” and click on the page displaying your EPOS poster. Then click ‘share’ to confirm your selection.
A menu will appear on top of your screen. Click on “more” and click on “Record” to start your presentation.
IMPORTANT: be sure to speak clearly and at a reasonable pace.
- Record your presentation by clicking through the various sections and images of your poster and then press ALT+R to stop the recording. You can also go back to the menu and click “more”, followed by “Stop Recording”.
- Stop sharing your screen.
- End meeting by clicking on the right-bottom corner red button “END” > “End Meeting for all”
- The system will automatically start a converting process to prepare the video and will then ask you in which location you want to save it. Save the file. Zoom will create its own folder in that chosen location. Your file will be saved in this folder.
- Go to the folder where you saved the file, open the Zoom folder and find the .MP4 file of your presentation. Open the file and watch your presentation to make sure you are satisfied. This is the file that you need to send.
Hint: You can stop the recording and start again. However, if you do not start a “new meeting” the recorded file will be in the same folder. Make sure you choose the right one when you are ready to upload the file.
For further details on how to record your presentation with Zoom, click here. Further details on how to record your screen with a Mac can be found here.